Friday, April 8, 2011

Can't manage your credit card debt?

Lost in a whirlwind of credit card debt she asked me what to do.  She was crying.  I looked her in the eye and told her that it was going to be alright and gave her a hanky.  She took it without thinking and wiped her eyes.  "I can't pay all of this." She said through tears, gesturing to the mountain of credit card debt before her.  I put my hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eye, "Lets take it one step at a time." I said in a soft voice.  She was listening.  She wanted to know what I knew.  I picked up the first statement and wrote the amount on the spreadsheet, then the next and the next and added it all up.  She was amazed to see what the final figures were and realized that it wasn't as bad as she thought and that she could confront it.  I told her everything that I knew about it.  I took that horrible problem from her and with the information I gave her she was able to confront it, deal with it and understand it.  She realized in that moment that because she didn't know how to handle it before that she was consumed by the problem.  But when she did know, she could see past it, and flourish and prosper because of the knowledge. 

The Debt Lady Says, Get the knowledge so that you too can flourish and prosper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment