Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Using someone else’s money

Credit cards are what I want
They make me feel alive
I buy the things on sale, or not
With them I can survive.

Credit card companies love me
They send me offers all the time
I wish I had more friends like them
If I need it they’ll give me a dime.

Last night I went to the movies
I saw the latest hit
I went to swipe my card for ice cream
And it wouldn’t give me shit.

She said my card was declined
She looked at me like I was scum
She said you can’t have your ice cream
Now get out of here you bum. 

I walked away from the counter
With people looking at my face
I couldn’t look back at them
They were laughing all over the place.

I drove back home to my place
Feeling pretty grim
My gas tank was on empty
And the lights were going dim.

I knew my car was stopping
I knew I was out of luck
No more credit in my wallet
I couldn’t even buy ground chuck.

There is a lesson to be learned
From using someone else’s money
One day you’ll find yourself alone
Eating bread and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment